Missing teeth can pose an aesthetic problem, detracting from the overall quality of the smile and producing an undesirable appearance. However, aesthetics are far from the most compelling reason to have missing teeth replaced.
Risks posed by missing teeth include:
- Changes to bite strength and tension
- Increased risk for uneven tooth wear
- Greater chance of tooth shifting and misalignment
- Heightened instances of infection
- Jawbone deterioration
Replacing missing teeth can often help prevent these and similarly worrisome consequences of tooth loss. If you are missing one or more teeth, use the contact form on this page or give us a call to schedule a treatment evaluation today.
Tooth Replacement Options
At our comfortable Calgary office, we offer two of the most effective tooth replacement options currently available:
- Dental Bridges. Dental bridges are used to hold replacement teeth in place. Affixed to dental crowns placed over adjacent teeth, a dental bridge can quickly restore strength and appearance to your smile
- Dental Implants. Secured by the jawbone, dental implants provide an anchor for tooth replacement options including dental crowns and fixed dentures. Implants offer the most reliable and long-lasting restoration of strength, function, and beauty
Dental bridges and dentures, when not secured by dental implants, rest on top of the gums and cannot prevent jawbone deterioration. As the shape of the jaw changes, these restorations will need to be adjusted.
Dental implants replace the roots of missing teeth. They are the only tooth replacement option shown to prevent jawbone shrinkage and collapse and are therefore the only option that can prevent structural changes to your face and jaw. During your initial consultation, we will carefully assess your teeth and gums, provide straightforward information about your options, and help you decide on the right fit for your needs.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you are missing one or more teeth, now is a great time to get in touch for a treatment consultation. Please call Evolution Dental at 403-208-9965 to schedule your appointment today. Located in Calgary, Dr. Kendra Schick and our friendly staff welcome patients from all surrounding areas of Alberta.