A new and improved smile is within reach in 2020 with a smile makeover. Smiling can have many positive effects on mood, social interactions, and even career success. When you censor your smile because you are self-conscious of discoloration, misalignment, or damaged teeth, you may not be living your most vibrant life.
Thanks to advancements in cosmetic dentistry, an enhanced smile is more accessible than ever. Calgary cosmetic dentist, Dr. Kendra Schick, is skilled in a range of procedures and techniques that can safely turn a lackluster grin into a smile you can’t help but show off.
Smile Makeover to the Rescue
While some patients have one specific dental concern, such as one chipped tooth, it is not uncommon for patients to have multiple cosmetic imperfections. For those patients, a beautiful smile can seem unattainable, but with a smile makeover, comprehensive smile transformation is possible.
How do I Start my Smile Makeover?
The process begins with a consultation in which you and Dr. Schick discuss your dental concerns. Dr. Schick will also do a thorough exam to check for oral health issues. It’s important to start cosmetic dental work from a healthy foundation, so she will look for decay, cavities, and gum disease that may need treatment prior to beginning your smile makeover. Once Dr. Schick understands your makeover goals, she will develop a customized treatment plan for you.
What Treatments can be Included in a Smile Makeover?
Your smile makeover will include the treatments that can best address your dental concerns. Common procedures in a smile makeover are:
- Porcelain veneers – These durable porcelain shells can transform cracked, chipped, stained, and misshapen teeth. In some cases, gaps or crowding issues can be beautifully concealed with veneers as well.
- Porcelain crowns – Crowns or caps are a great solution for teeth with significant damage. A crown fits over the weak or broken tooth to restore functionality, protect the tooth, and improve the appearance of the tooth.
- Teeth Whitening – Professional teeth whitening can reduce or eliminate many types of stains. Dr. Schick will evaluate your teeth discoloration to ensure that your stains will respond to whitening treatment. In cases of stains caused by certain medications or fluorosis, porcelain veneers may be a better option.
- Full face orthodontics – Some cases of teeth misalignment are a result of complex jaw and bite issues. Full face orthodontics can adjust the jaw structure to make room for a straight, healthy smile.
- Invisalign® - Invisalign® is a teeth straightening method that involves removable, clear aligner trays. Under Dr. Schick’s care, you progress through a series of customized trays to incrementally move your teeth into alignment. Many bite issues can even be resolved using this discreet and popular system.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are a long-term tooth replacement solution. Not only does the implant allow for the placement of a crown to fill in the gap and complete your smile, you also enjoy the added benefit of preserving the integrity of your jawbone by preventing resorption.
Call Us to Schedule a Smile Makeover Consultation in Calgary
To find out your options for enhancing your smile, call us at 403-208-9965 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Schick. We serve patients in the greater Northwest Calgary area, including Bearspaw, Stony Trail, Dalhousie, Royal Oak, Tuscany, and Cochrane.